At Least 73 People Shot in Chicago Over 4th of July Weekend
At least 73 people were shot over Fourth of July weekend in Chicago.
11 were killed, and at least 62 people wounded between Thursday and Sunday night.
The bloodiest incident saw 1 person killed and 7 wounded in a shooting in East Garfield Park.
• In the single bloodiest incident, one person was killed and seven wounded in an East Garfield Park shooting Saturday evening.
• They joined 12 other people shot Friday night and early Saturday, including one fatally.
• Among the two killed and 17 wounded Thursday night and early Friday were 5-year-old and 7-year-old boys shot in South Side parks. Both boys were recovering from their wounds.
• Earlier Thursday, 3 people were killed and 4 wounded in shootings citywide.
• They joined the three killed and 13 wounded Wednesday as the long holiday weekend started.
Horrific. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those impacted by this senseless violence.